The search giant Google summed up the year and said what people worldwide were looking for most often. So, a touching video was published that illustrates the most frequent requests.
“In a year that continued to test many, the world searched “how to heal” more than ever. Whether they’re taking care of mental health, honoring a loved one, or reuniting with family, people are finding ways to come back stronger than before,” says the description of the video.
Among the search trends in the world, Google also named “volunteers in vaccination,” “soul mate,” “how to save,” “climate impact,” and “how to say I love you in sign language.”
Blackouts across the globe caused searches for “power outage” to increase 5,000% worldwide in February.
The world searched “impact of climate” change more than ever before in 2021.
- “Sustainability” was searched at record highs this year worldwide.
- “How to maintain mental health” was searched more this year globally than ever before.
- “Fire and flood” were global breakout searches at the same time in July.
- Global “where can i travel” searches were 3X higher in 2021 compared to pre-pandemic levels.
- “How to help afghanistan” was a breakout search worldwide in August this year.
- “How to help haiti” was a breakout search worldwide in August. Globally, search interest for “volcano” tripled from August to September.
- “Is climate change caused by humans” and “how does eating less meat help climate change” were breakout searches in October in the U.K.
You can find other global search trends here.
Google and YouTube on October 5 announced a new policy that prohibits climate deniers from being able to monetize their content on its platforms via ads or creator payments. You may read the full text here.